Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally published my short story through Smashwords and Amazon. I had opted in for Barnes and Noble, but a few weeks ago, I decided to opt out so that I could start a B & N direct account. I uploaded the story and the cover just fine, no problems, but since then, the status has simply said "processing." Is this normal, or should it have gone live by now?

Thank you!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been having problems getting PubIt to update my price. I put my book back up to $2.99 on the 31st, and it's still showing $0.99 on there. I just contacted their customer support to see what's up...but it looks like the system may be being glitchy again if others are having problems as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been waiting on my book since I uploaded it on the 14th of May. I've been too lazy to call them though so I have no idea what the issue might be. They sent me a phone number though: 1 866 597 9863 Call them Monday-Friday between 9am and 5:30pm EST.

Hopefully that helps out some. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It took them over a week to make my account active because of...something unexplained, apparently it had to be done manually, and maybe the guy who does it only comes in every other Friday? That's the best explanation I can think of.

I finally got the e-mail welcoming me to PubIt yesterday night, but my book is still listed as "processing" and who knows how long it will be there. But now I have their e-mail and if it's not up by Monday, I will call them.

It is frustrating though. I have several people e-mailing me asking when it will be available for the Nook.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Courtney Milan said:
It took them over a week to make my account active because of...something unexplained, apparently it had to be done manually, and maybe the guy who does it only comes in every other Friday? That's the best explanation I can think of.
I got the "please call us about . . . something unexplained" email. I think your explan above is the best I've seen for this weirdness. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts