Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has already been discussed, forgive me. I just noticed that all of my books listed on Pubit have US ONLY rights checked, rather than WORLDWIDE. Not sure when they did this, but you might want to check yours as well.

Tallulah

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Tallulah.  I just fixed mine, and while I was there I noticed that "is this Nook book available in print?" had also reverted to no.  It used to be yes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mine were reverted to US only as well, which is interesting because my books are all for sale on the UK Nook site. *shrugs*

·
Registered
726 Posts
RobertJCrane said:
Mine were reverted to US only as well, which is interesting because my books are all for sale on the UK Nook site. *shrugs*
As far as I can tell, BN has never reliably honored wishes (via PubIt anyway) to remove books from the Nook UK store. I had some which were long ago unpublished taken off sale via Pubit to go through Smashwords and/or go into Select suddenly show up on the UK site when it went live. That seemed a little disconcerting. Now that I *do* want everything in all countries, I just checked and two were reverted to US-only but still apparently for sale in the UK just the same. I think maybe there is just no connection between the PubIt settings and the actual UK catalog. Maybe there is another way to control what shows up in the UK?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for letting us know! I only had 11 books to change, but I feel really bad for those who have a TON of books to do. It was tedious enough doing 11. If I had to do 100, I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Adding my thanks. I'd been selling in the UK/Nook store before and now I know why that dried up.

So...I wonder what the reason is for the US sales drying up... any other settings you want to tell us about?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I had a sale to the UK on 2/11, but that book (like all my others) indicates "US rights only." Either this is a recent change on the site, or PubIt isn't all that concerned about whether we've checked "worldwide rights" or not.

·
Registered
942 Posts
MegHarris said:
I had a sale to the UK on 2/11, but that book (like all my others) indicates "US rights only." Either this is a recent change on the site, or PubIt isn't all that concerned about whether we've checked "worldwide rights" or not.
Are you suggesting I won't start selling 4,254 copies a day in the UK now?

Crap. Better cancel that pizza order.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Saul Tanpepper said:
Wish they'd stop screwing with us. And is it just me, or do they force everyone to login their name and password practically everyday? I can't seem to remain logged in like I can with KDP, SW and KWL. Small inconvenience, I know.
They require a fresh login every browser session. I believe they are doing it for security. It's still annoying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts