Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got an email from Amazon saying my newest novella has been pubished. However, I just the 404 when I go to the website.

Could someone lovely click the link and see if they can see it? Perhaps it's something to do with my internet if other's can see the page okay.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B8SJM2U

Thanks,

Geoff :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for checking that out, Estelle. I thought it was a bit weird as normally you check throughout the publishing stage and the page appears, then the pic etc. This time nothing.

I'll pop them an email because I shouldn't really have a 'LIVE' status if there isn't even a page up!

Thanks again,

Geoff

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Dee. Popped them an email so hopefully they'll be able to sort it out. Might just be a case of an ASIN error or something.

Geoff

·
Registered
465 Posts
Going through the same thing with my novel. Submitted Jan 30th, got two "congratulations" e-mails, one support response, and still a 404.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wolfrom said:
Going through the same thing with my novel. Submitted Jan 30th, got two "congratulations" e-mails, one support response, and still a 404.
Hmmm, seems if they're having some difficulties then. :( Slightly annoying as I've never done a 'launch' day before, but this would be the ONE time when I've been gearing up for tomorrow. I'm just glad that I uploaded today, instead of waiting for tomorrow (official launch).

I hope our books get corrected quickly, Wolfrom.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's a invalid Amazon URL you've been given. Guess their customer service is sending out bogus e-mail links.

(Edited because I realized I goofed.)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got the 404 too, but I just saw another post on here that Amazon was down and experiencing difficulties. They also might be doing server maintenance. The site seems to be back up but it might be affect the listing of your book.  I'd wait a few hours then contact them.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JGrover said:
I got the 404 too, but I just saw another post on here that Amazon was down and experiencing difficulties. They also might be doing server maintenance. The site seems to be back up but it might be affect the listing of your book. I'd wait a few hours then contact them.
I'm not very patient. ::) I already sent them a quick email, to add to the other thousand that they're probably getting. Oh well, I just hope they're sorting out. At least, for me anyway, I'm not losing out on money yet because it's not even supposed to be published until tomorrow. Ho hum. *refresh 404 page again*

Geoff

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
YOU GUYS!

I'm surprised nobody has said this on-thread yet, but that confirmation email is always premature.

It still takes several more hours for the book to appear.

Wait times vary. It won't be more than 8 hours, though, probably.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dalya said:
YOU GUYS!

I'm surprised nobody has said this on-thread yet, but that confirmation email is always premature.
Really?! I must've been lucky in the past then. After a few hours my product pages have always shown up, then the pic, etc etc. And, I've normally been able to buy long before the email arrives! Guess they had to catch me eventually. :p

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Looks like Amazon is being glitchy again.

I've had something like this happen a while back. Got the congrats e-mail, clicked on the link, but no book. When there was still no book the next day, I emailed KDP support who eventually fixed the problem. That also happened during a time of widespread glitches.

·
Registered
288 Posts
GWakeling said:
Really?! I must've been lucky in the past then. After a few hours my product pages have always shown up, then the pic, etc etc. And, I've normally been able to buy long before the email arrives! Guess they had to catch me eventually. :p
I didn't know this either. I've always clicked that confirmation email and my book page came right up. I guess the times must vary. I usually publish before bed and then in the morning there it is!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts