Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've looked for an answer to this but am still a little hazy.

If I use a publisher name on my Kindle and Createspace books, do I still get paid in my name on the Amazon cheques, or do they use the publisher name?

i.e. is it the name on your account, or the publisher name on the book?

Many thanks

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
My understanding is it will be made out to the account holder, i.e. the publisher.

Now I'm in Texas, so I have them send any money directly to my account, so it wouldn't be an issue for me.  Just in case, though, I got a "Doing Business as" certificate from the county and opened a bank account in the publisher's name.

G

·
Since my Amazon account is in my name with my bank account number, Amazon deposit goes to my bank account, although book is published by my publishing company.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Amazon pays Hoxton Press, my micro press. I had to fill in all sorts of forms and take my passport to my bank to prove to them I wasn't an international money launderer in order for them to accept payments.

It took ages, and they've just sent me all the forms over again.

Lexi

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It really doesn't matter what is printed on the books; if you're publishing through KDP, then the checks will be addressed to whatever name you have filled out on your KDP account page.  If you have not formed a legal business entity, then you should have your personal name there, but if you have, then you should use that name.

--Maria

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
meromana said:
It really doesn't matter what is printed on the books; if you're publishing through KDP, then the checks will be addressed to whatever name you have filled out on your KDP account page. If you have not formed a legal business entity, then you should have your personal name there, but if you have, then you should use that name.

--Maria
Thanks that is what I thought looking at it again.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts