Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I publish to B&N through Smashwords, but I am considering going direct to B&N. I have started getting quite a bit of traffic from my website to my books at B&N and honestly I am just too impatient to wait on the sales reporting anymore. Also, I'd like to have more control over my book description.

My question is, how do I go about doing this without unpublishing my books first?

Am I able to publish my books through Pubit and then wait until they show up to stop distributing to B&N through Smashwords? Will this cause an issue with linking my nook and print version books?

Any advice/personal experience about this is appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Just publish it through PubIt. Both versions will appear on the same Nook listing (which will be linked to your paperback). Then once the PubIt version is live, opt out from Smashwords. Once the word makes it to BN, the Smashwords version will disappear from that page, leaving just the PubIt version.

Easy-peasy.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amanda Brice said:
Just publish it through PubIt. Both versions will appear on the same Nook listing (which will be linked to your paperback). Then once the PubIt version is live, opt out from Smashwords. Once the word makes it to BN, the Smashwords version will disappear from that page, leaving just the PubIt version.

Easy-peasy.
Awesome. Thanks. This is exactly what I was wanting to know :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts