Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

Wonder if someone has this knowledge?

I'm considering buying a franchise which would involve me selling books written by another person.

It would involve me, printing and selling the books but I'd like to be able to publish and advertise the books.

Does anybody know a way to do this?

I have a book of my own that I've written in KDP select and made three times my ad spend. Hoping to put that knowledge into the catalogue of books that I'd be investing into.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help!

Brad:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
My book was just approved for a BookBub feature deal. I can't afford to take advantage of it. If you would like to pay the cost, about $1K, you could take a large percentage of sales since I can't to it. Thanks

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
a franchise
I'd be very wary of this. There's a lot to being a publisher for someone other than yourself. Taxes, contracts, all have to be done properly or you will be the one in the hot seat. It's hard enough to publish ones' self without making huge errors, imagine the situation if you messed up someone else's book?

This other person should either learn to publish their own work, or seek a traditional contract.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
scottdouglas said:
A publishing "franchise"? I would be weary of a publishing company that operated like a franchise.
Perhaps you mean wary?

Personally, I would be more than wary. I would run shrieking in the other direction. Which would make me weary. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts