Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago there was a thread which I can't find anymore... Someone had bought a new ROH cover and noted that it was blue-ish purple, not a deep rich true purple as in previous pictures. I think someone else had a theory that there was a new supplier of leather, or maybe it was a new kind of dye used.

Since my Kindle is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, I've been getting serious about deciding on a layette various coverings. I like the purple ROH best, but only in the older "real" purple.... if it's going to be blue-ish purple, I'd rather have a red one! Does anyone have any news or further info about this color change? Are they going to bring back the old color?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't believe they are bringing the 'old' color back and they don't have any of it left.  I was lucky enough to find a small ROH journal in the 'old' purple  at a Paradise Pen store. I really like the color.  The newer purple is very pretty, too, I just prefer the more reddish look of the older purple. 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Hmmm.  I've been trying to  ignore all the ROH posts (I will NOT buy a ROH, I will not buy a ROH) so I wasn't aware of this.  I think I would like a bluer purple, so it makes it even harder for me to resist.  (will not buy a ROH, will not buy a ROH...runs away with hands over ears)

Betsy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Roof of Heaven, purple will definitely be my choice when I order a second Oberon... havent got my first one yet! <<why on earth would he need a second cover, my alter ego says as he thwaps me on the head...ouch!>>

Jered

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gwen10 said:
I don't believe they are bringing the 'old' color back and they don't have any of it left. I was lucky enough to find a small ROH journal in the 'old' purple at a Paradise Pen store. I really like the color. The newer purple is very pretty, too, I just prefer the more reddish look of the older purple.
Does that mean there are B&M retailers than carry the Oberon covers?? I didn't know that. A-hunting we will go...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Betsy the Quilter said:
Hmmm. I've been trying to ignore all the ROH posts (I will NOT buy a ROH, I will not buy a ROH) so I wasn't aware of this. I think I would like a bluer purple, so it makes it even harder for me to resist. (will not buy a ROH, will not buy a ROH...runs away with hands over ears)

Betsy
Don't run away. Find an OLD-purple one. Then trade with me. ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Does that mean there are B&M retailers than carry the Oberon covers?? I didn't know that. A-hunting we will go...
Probably not the Kindle covers, but for journals, but it's worth looking into. Some stationery or gift stores carry select items from the Oberon line, mostly journals, checkbook covers, and card cases. It is worth looking into if you are interested in a Journal cover to convert. You might contact Oberon and ask if any of their retail customers have ordered Kindle covers, if that's what you're specifically interested in.

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Betsy the Quilter said:
You might contact Oberon and ask if any of their retail customers have ordered Kindle covers, if that's what you're specifically interested in.

Betsy
I just did that, two minutes before reading your post! :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Betsy the Quilter said:
Great Virginian minds think alike!

Betsy
Of course they do :)

BTW, have you ever thought about quilting a cover for your Kindle? (or maybe you've already done that and posted about it...)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I have made a Kindle cover cover, but then I didn't quilt much last fall (knee surgery) and now I have two commissions due and another quilt for an exhibit.  But I still want to make some Kindle cover covers...

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
My purple ROH, which I received in March when they first starting shipping the K2 covers, is very definitely purple. There is no mistaking that it is purple. I really wouldn't call it a bluish purple or a reddish purple, it is a purple purple.

Hope that helps! LOL.

l

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AnelaBelladonna said:
I just received my purple ROH yesterday and it is a very dark true purple. It is beautiful!
YESTERDAY? So they still had some until very recently.... I think I'll just call them directly and ask. Glad you like yours!

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Betsy the Quilter said:
I have made a Kindle cover cover, but then I didn't quilt much last fall (knee surgery) and now I have two commissions due and another quilt for an exhibit. But I still want to make some Kindle cover covers...

Betsy
Well, when you get around to it, you'll be posting pictures, right? And maybe even doing some more on commission if Kindleboarders ask nicely?

I'm almost afraid to start sewing a cover. If I like the result, it would be too tempting to make them in all colors... designs.... different fabrics.... with beading... embroidery.... other trims... aaaack!! My sewing stack is too high as it is!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Well, when you get around to it, you'll be posting pictures, right? And maybe even doing some more on commission if Kindleboarders ask nicely?

I'm almost afraid to start sewing a cover. If I like the result, it would be too tempting to make them in all colors... designs.... different fabrics.... with beading... embroidery.... other trims... aaaack!! My sewing stack is too high as it is!
And all that sewing would seriously cut into reading time, I think!

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leslie said:
And all that sewing would seriously cut into reading time, I think!
I don't have much of that as it is <sigh>.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
luvmy4brats said:
Yep, that's the one, thank you. And according to that, they've already said they don't have any left.

I emailed them yesterday to ask whether there might be any in retail stores nearby, and if not, maybe I'll go for a red one instead. Or... no wait.... I should decide on the *skin* first, and then see what cover would go best... <slowly getting the hang of Kindle-accessorizing>

1 - 20 of 88 Posts