Kindle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
My purple ROH arrived on Friday of last week, and it's the deeeeeeeeeeep, rich purple also.  I didn't order mine until after the blue-purple comparison photos were posted, so I was worried about what color of purple I would receive.  I'm quite happy with the version I got, and it bears closest resemblance to the other photos with the dark, deep purple.

Yes, it would be very nice if Oberon's site included a photo of all colors available in each design - I guess that's another reason we have to spend a lot of time on Kindleboards.  Research.  ;D

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Hi,
I'm new here.  I emailed Oberon last week and they told me they do NOT have a new purple color; that someone on these boards was misinformed.  Said it is the same as it always has been and is a deep grapey purple.  They also told me they will be doing the ROH in a peacock blue or something like that and there 2009 covers will be out in about a month.  Don't know if I can hold off that long.  I just received my K2 last week and have become obsessed with the Oberon covers and these boards, LOL.
Paula ::)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
corkyb said:
Hi,
I'm new here. I emailed Oberon last week and they told me they do NOT have a new purple color; that someone on these boards was misinformed. Said it is the same as it always has been and is a deep grapey purple. They also told me they will be doing the ROH in a peacock blue or something like that and there 2009 covers will be out in about a month. Don't know if I can hold off that long. I just received my K2 last week and have become obsessed with the Oberon covers and these boards, LOL.
Paula ::)
I can assure you having both covers currently in my possession, that they DO have a new color of purple. It is still a dark purple, but not quite as dark or rich as the original purple. It is still beautful. It's not as blue as this photo shows, it still is most certainly purple.

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
CorkyB--

welcome to KindleBoards, congratulations on your first post!  Thanks for posting this information.  It doesn't really explain why the purple in the Butterfly and the ROH are different, unless they just use different colors for the Butterfly?  But I'm glad to hear that the purple is the same for the ROH.

Be sure to head over to Introductions and tell us a little bit about yourself, and keep on posting!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
As many of you know, I have a slight interest in the purple ROH Kindle cover. ::)

I contacted Oberon myself yesterday after reading this thread. (Before CorkyB posted--I wasn't checking up on you, Corky!!!) Rather than summarize the response I got today, here is what Becca of Oberon (doesn't that sound like a character from a romance novel?) told me about the leather:

Our purple is definitely a purple-purple (think grape or claret). Unfortunately, in the middle of this thread, that began a couple of months ago, we also received a new load of purple leather from the tannery that is slightly lighter in color than our old purple…still not bluish by a long shot though. We think that it's actually a better color for the Roof of Heaven because it's such a detailed image. You can see it [the design] better in the slightly lighter color.

Now, to add further to the confusion, we have new sky blue color that we plan to release in approx. a month that I believe is going to be hugely popular in this image. Now you know everything I know and I hope I didn't baffle you further!!!! Becca
OK, here's the thing. I'm decided I had to make the ultimate sacrifice for KindleBoards. As Accessories Moderator, I felt I had to get to the bottom of this, so I've ordered a purple ROH for my Kindle 1 (velcro), ground UPS. I'll let you know when it gets here what I think!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
As many of you know, I have a slight interest in the purple ROH Kindle cover. ::)

I contacted Oberon myself yesterday after reading this thread. (Before CorkyB posted--I wasn't checking up on you, Corky!!!) Rather than summarize the response I got today, here is what Becca of Oberon (doesn't that sound like a character from a romance novel?) told me about the leather:

OK, here's the thing. I'm decided I had to make the ultimate sacrifice for KindleBoards. As Accessories Moderator, I felt I had to get to the bottom of this, so I've ordered a purple ROH for my Kindle 1 (velcro), ground UPS. I'll let you know when it gets here what I think!

Betsy
Good for you Betsy! I am sure you will love your purple ROH for many yrs to come! I cannot wait to see the Peacock Blue, sounds like it'll be making it's debut sooner than I had heard, but no complaints at all!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
ooooh-ooooh-ooooh - can I be Accessories Mod for an hour?

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Woohoo!! Congratulations on finally giving in taking the plunge!

But what are we going to tease you about now?

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Ruby296 said:
Good for you Betsy! I am sure you will love your purple ROH for many yrs to come! I cannot wait to see the Peacock Blue, sounds like it'll be making it's debut sooner than I had heard, but no complaints at all!
Thanks, Ruby! I've been waiting to order the ROH as I already have the Oberon Tree of Life, just gorgeous, but we had a bit of a windfall on the tax refund, which just got deposited, so I'm in a good position to spend a bit on the ROH, which I HAVE been lusting after. My brother may get the Tree of Life. Or not. ;D Eleanor may like to change clothes occasionally. Now I need to get a skin that will go with both!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Woohoo!! Congratulations on finally giving in taking the plunge!

But what are we going to tease you about now?
I'm only doing it for KindleBoards. ::)

As for the teasing, I have every confidence in you and our other members, Susan!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
auntmarge said:
ooooh-ooooh-ooooh - can I be Accessories Mod for an hour?
Need justification? I'll make you my assistant moderator for an hour. We can do a better test of the color with more data points. ;D

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Betsy the hero: throwing herself on her credit card for the rest of us! :D

Ann
It's a tough job, someone has to do it.

Betsy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
We really appreciate your sacrifice! Of course, now that there will be sky blue coming out in the near future, someone will have to test that one too.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
NitroStitch said:
We really appreciate your sacrifice! Of course, now that there will be sky blue coming out in the near future, someone will have to test that one too.
I'm pretty sure there will be a dozen or so people "testing" that color the minute it's available. :D

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Betsy, I'm so proud of you!!  I just knew that you would order the purple ROH and for such a good cause!  Now what color is your Tree of Life?  I'm sure we can help you decide on the perfect skin that will fit with both covers. LOL

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.