Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I type up my notes in class every class and print them out at the end of the week. I type out my notes, because I type (at 65 wpm) MUCH faster than I write and its more organized. So tonight I said, why not try put it on my Kindle....And it worked. So instead of printing out my notes every weekend, I am transferring them to my Kindle. I've gone green in another way!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I type up my notes in class every class and print them out at the end of the week. I type out my notes, because I type (at 65 wpm) MUCH faster than I write and its more organized. So tonight I said, why not try put it on my Kindle....And it worked. So instead of printing out my notes every weekend, I am transferring them to my Kindle. I've gone green in another way!
Excellent idea! I've heard of a few other students that have done this, too.

L

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Yes, yes. The Kindle is GREAT for notes. I type mine up on my laptop, email them to myself @ freekindle.com and get the AZW file back. Keep them all together in one place - on a separate SD card. Dated by YYMMDD then title, like 081110 Chem Notes.  Easy to keep track of them and they sort in the correct order.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I was watching drama "Life" and there was one scene where in college class room everyone had laptop on the desk. When a teacher start to speak, everyone start to type. There was only typing sound while the teacher was talking and when finished so quiet. It was so funny. I was wondering is that the way it is now in the college? Taking notes with laptop during class.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not everyone uses a laptop in my classes. Two of the four classes that I take, I am the only one that uses their computers (I seen the others with their laptops), but that uses them to take notes. I have also noticed my notes are a bit more detailed than some of my classmates that sit behind me. I have also caught some of my classmates reading and copying what I have on my screen. As for my two other classes, one no one uses a laptop (its Japanese 1) and the other about a third of the class laptops (thats the class I see students surfing the internet or IM'ing, instead of taking notes).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Seriously it annoys me when people have laptops in my classes. Usually it is only one or two people, and they always "pretend" to be taking notes, but really the whole time they are surfing facebook or myspace or reading about some celebrity and it is really distracting when I'm trying to pay attention. Especially when they sit right in front of or next to me. I don't think I've seen a single person actually taking notes with a laptop. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I guess those people are just never in class with me.

But to get to the original topic after my rant, notes on kindle good idea! I will have to try it! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just started putting some documents onto Kindle from my nursing classes.  Each week we have 30 topics we are supposed to know (in GREAT detail) and we split them up between 4 of us.  Then one girl compiles the whole she-bang into one big Word document.  The other day I wondered whether or not it would work to send the 64 page document to Kindle.  It DID!  Now I can read a few pages here and there, and not waste 32 (double sided) sheets of paper (and sometimes more pages) each week.  Not to mention saving on ink.  VERY cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts