Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't previously put a TOC in any of my books and I uploaded them to KDP as Word docs, but now I'm compiling a book of short stories that will require a TOC. Does anyone have plain vanilla instructions as to how to go about doing this? I'm clueless with technical jargon so need a step-by-step version  ::).

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerri Lincoln said:
The instructions in the Smashwords style guide are excellent and easy to follow.
Thanks. I can't publish on Smashwords for various reasons (being outside the US is one of them). Do you have a link to these instructions?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Jan Hurst-Nicholson said:
I haven't previously put a TOC in any of my books and I uploaded them to KDP as Word docs, but now I'm compiling a book of short stories that will require a TOC. Does anyone have plain vanilla instructions as to how to go about doing this? I'm clueless with technical jargon so need a step-by-step version ::).
Jan - I followed this video (that was kindly suggested to me by Marsha on these boards). I'm clueless too, but this was a doddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BYd5YCLo_A

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Glad you found the video useful, Sam :)
By the way Jan, you can publish to Smashwords from outside the US. There may be other reasons not to, though.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have followed the video and did the happy dance when it actually worked  ;D Thanks everyone for your input. :-*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts