Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a PW to go with all my other Kindles. I've read about adjusting the brightness and battery life with the light set to 10. What is the lighting scale? Can the light be turned completely off when ambient lighting is adequate?

·
Super Moderator
67,496 Posts
The scale is from 0 to 24. 0 is not actually completely off. . . if you're in a dark room and look at it you'll see a faint glow.  But it's off for all practical purposes. 

In normal lighting systems, most people find a level of 10 to 16 is good -- not enough to make it glow but enough to slightly increase the contrast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agree. That has been my impression s as well.

Ann in Arlington said:
The scale is from 0 to 24. 0 is not actually completely off. . . if you're in a dark room and look at it you'll see a faint glow. But it's off for all practical purposes.

In normal lighting systems, most people find a level of 10 to 16 is good -- not enough to make it glow but enough to slightly increase the contrast.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My normal reading place is well lit, so I tend to keep the light down to about 6. If it's darker, I'll push it up to about 12 or so. I've never needed it any higher, in fact I don't like the glow when it's any higher.

Battery life is good enough that I don't think about it.  ;D

·
Registered
904 Posts
It's still "on" at 0.  But, hardly noticeable unless you're in the dark. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts