Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw This article on Mobileread.com. The Q7 is a color eReader with WiFi for $189.00. There are a few videos showing it. It isn't e-ink so I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to read. Here's the link, what do you think??
jp

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47593

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think any eReader is only as good as the content available for it. The hardware really doesn't mean much to me. I don't want a device that does everything, I just want to read books conveniently and at a cheap price. Amazon has the largest library, hence why I chose to import the Kindle to Australia.

The only Kindle killer will be the next version of the Kindle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
jpmorgan49 said:
I just saw This article on Mobileread.com. The Q7 is a color eReader with WiFi for $189.00. There are a few videos showing it. It isn't e-ink so I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to read. Here's the link, what do you think??
jp

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47593
It's cheap and the stand doesn't look sturdy. Probably a lot of eye strain. It's affordable to young people that won't mind the eye strain. I'll stay with the Kindle.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I got the impression it's really a PDA, like my HP iPAQ that enables you to read.  I also agree it's only as good as the material available, Kindle has it beat there....
jp

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It is more geared to extra features and not the traditional ereader style like the Kindle

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Well, you know. . .so many people want a gadget to do everything.  That's nice to a point, but sometimes you want it to just do one thing Really Well.

Have any of you seen the TV spot for the Tonitght Show with Conan?  He's saying there's this great new technology called "television" that lets you watch all your shows just like on your phone or computer. . . .but in a more comfortable chair.  Kind of clever. . . . .

·
Registered
761 Posts
My opinion is that if it's backlit, I won't bother. I spend enough time looking into lit screens and get plenty of headaches and migraines (literally) and don't want a backlit screen. That's why I got a Kindle. I have an iPod Touch and haven't even installed the Kindle app on that for the same reason. As for the other features, I have a Blackberry Storm as well as a Mac Book Pro, so for now, I can pass. As an ebook reader I want something that is as close to a book as possible, without carrying loads of books around with me as I travel. That's the Kindle 2 sorted. No reason to look anywhere else (for now anyway).

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
suicidepact said:
My opinion is that if it's backlit, I won't bother. I spend enough time looking into lit screens and get plenty of headaches and migraines (literally) and don't want a backlit screen.
+1

Looking at screens all day is an eye strain for me also, I wouldn't bother reading off of a lit screen. I love the e-ink technology and will stay with that.

Sailor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts