Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A newbie question for you guys.

I downloaded a sample for "Anna Karenina" and the lines are all messed up.  One line of text will be full and the next will only use about 1/3 of the line and this repeats over and over again.  I don't think I could read a whole novel like this - it is very distracting.

So, from your experience with samples, is it safe to assume that if the sample is like that then the whole book would be too?

TIA! :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Shawna said:
A newbie question for you guys.

I downloaded a sample for "Anna Karenina" and the lines are all messed up. One line of text will be full and the next will only use about 1/3 of the line and this repeats over and over again. I don't think I could read a whole novel like this - it is very distracting.

So, from your experience with samples, is it safe to assume that if the sample is like that then the whole book would be too?

TIA! :)
I believe so. I would see if I could find another sample.

Also check www.manybooks.net and www.freekindlebooks.org. Their format is usually good, and the books are free.

Here is a link to the book from manybooks: http://manybooks.net/titles/tolstoyletext98nkrnn11.html

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I have noticed some of the free classics. . . .from Amazon and other sites. . . sometimes have these kinds of errors. . . .Let them know. . . they want to fix things that have problems. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Shawna said:
Thanks for the links and info!
No problem.

If you like classics, the links I provided are two good ways to go. There are many books out there for free, because they are in the public domain.

You can also find collections on Amazon for a low price. This one is $4.79 and has many books and short stories by Tolstoy.

The formatting is usually good with mobilereference books, and they are all in one file with a linked Table of Contents usually.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts