Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I share an account.  We each have a Kindle, but we both get to read any book once it is ordered. 

My question deals with SD cards. 

My dad gave me an SD card the other day.  I believe he put it in his Kindle, and then pulled over all of the books into one SD card for ease of use.  He then gave it to me. 

Now, I have not used it yet, but I am wondering if the books will work that way due to DRM. 

Again, we are both on one account, so I can get the books for my Kindle anyway.  But I thought I read somewhere that the books are linked to the serial number of the Kindle they are downloaded to.  If that is the case, then wouldn't it be true that I could not read any of the books on the SD card that came from Amazon, since they went through his Kindle? 

What would happen if I tried? 

I am trying to figure out if I need to simply delete all the books off of the SD card and bring them over myself through my Kindle's serial number.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.