Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I figured if anyone did, it would be the brilliant KBers.  ;D

I set up my book on Kindle with a simple book cover because that was what I thought I was supposed to do. But, now that I am making it into a print version, I made a more complicated (and more interesting, in my opinion) book cover for the print version.

So my question is, should I change the Kindle book cover to match the print one? And if yes, is it easy to do? Okay...technically that's two questions. Oh, wait! One more. And...how do I do it? Yeah...three questions. Hope I don't overwhelm y'all.

Thanks!!!

G

·
Yes, you should have the cover match the print book.

Yes, it is easy to do. ;D

You just go into your KDP dashboard, open the book to edit, and upload the new cover. Your book will go into preview status on the dashboard because the book goes through the approval process again, but the old version remains available for sale while the book is being updated.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Be aware that the new version of the Kindle book (including the new cover) will NOT be available to people who have already purchased it. In order to make that happen, you have to contact KDP and have them issue an update. I can give more details, if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You need to use the Contact Us form on the KDP help website. Contact KDP and tell them the details of the changes you've made to your book (in this case, cover). They will evaluate how "serious" the changes are and eventually enable changes on the My Kindle page of their website. This can take several weeks. And the readers will have to know to update it manually. It's a little frustrating, but better than nothing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't think you need to have your print cover match your ebook. I recently released a print book for my first book and for various reasons decided against it. I like my ebook cover and am just going to go in two different directions when doing covers for my books.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Use the cover that best suits the ebook. There are plenty of covers that do not work well for ebook, but do for print. Matching is not a requirement.

That said, if you like the new cover better, and you want to use it for the ebook, you should.

Best of luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts