Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my PC, I had to create a new account for myself.  And while I can still bring up Kindle for PC on the new account, it no longer has all my ebooks I've downloaded from Amazon.

Is there an easy way to move the ebooks over to my new account?  I can copy the ebook files, but it still doesn't recognize them.

And a similar question:  If I want to have my same ebooks on my netbook and my PC, is that possible?

Thanks.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You need to add your Amazon account info to your new Kindle for PC.  Click Tools | Options   Then click Registration - then add your Amazon account info.  You should then see all the ebooks you have purchased in the Archive.

Your old ebooks (files) are locked to only work from your old Windows user account.  Just re-download the ones you want on the new Windows user account.

Yes, you if you can install Kindle for PC on both your PC and your netbook, then you can have your ebooks on both.  Just make sure to register the same Amazon account on both.  The actual files will not be interchangeable because of DRM (copy encryption).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts