Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've almost decided to buy the DX (depending on reviews). I mostly read my Kindle 1 at home, so the larger size of the DX isn't a concern (although, from the video, I think the DX would fit fine in my extra-small sized Timbuk2 messenger bag that I use as a purse (see http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/messenger/classic-ballistic-messenger#product=1-91829 for more info - they have two on sale for $22.75, great deal for these bags if you're not a purse kind of gal.)

Anyway, if I buy the DX, I would pass my K1 on to my children, but would like to de-register it. If I do, can I still add books in the azw format (as well as other formats) to it via usb cable? I know my purchased books won't show (which is what I want - I don't want them to have access to my books), but I'll want to add eBooks downloaded from OverDrive (protected MobiPocket tweeked to work on the Kindle) for them to read.

Does anyone know how de-registering affects ebooks on the Kindle if they're not purchased from AZ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You will need to delete you books you presently have on your K1.  You can then add other books via USB to your heart's content.  Deregistering does not affect your non-Amazon books in any way.
deb

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You will no longer be able to download books from amazon for that Kindle.  (Well, you could re-register every time you wanted to do this, but you can't do it while it's un-registered.)  You can certainly add books from other sources, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.