Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kindle is supposed to be arriving tomorrow.  My question is, does someone have to be at my house to sign for it when it comes?  Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My K2 was left on my doorstep for a couple of hours last week before I came home from work.  I'm assuming that Amazon shipped it without signature, but it may be up the discretion of your UPS delivery person whether to leave the package or attempt another delivery.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine was marked Signature Required, and I did have to sign for it.  (UPS even called me with an electronic system telling me to be home.)

You should be able to get the tracking number from Amazon.  Then the UPS site will tell you if it was shipped with signature required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.  Yea I was worried because I'll be at work tomorrow as well and no one will be home, so I hope they just leave it on my doorstep.  I'll have to double check the UPS website.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was left on my doorstep.  I've heard that Amazon doesn't require signatures for less than $400, so it might depend if you're having other things shipped with it?  I don't know if that's true though.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Same as above, I heard elsewhere a rumor that Amazon's "signature required" shipping threshold starts at $400 in product--several people who bought covers or other accessories with their K2s ended up having to sign, while those who just ordered the unit itself didn't.  Anecdotal evidence only, take it with a grain of salt.

I didn't have to sign for mine, but a call to UPS would let you know for certain.

B

·
0 Posts
Not only have we never had to sign for an Amazon shipment, but anytime we get a UPS delivery, we hear a brief buzz of the doorbell and by the time we get to the door to answer, the delivery man is already back in his truck and driving off.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Not only have we never had to sign for an Amazon shipment, but anytime we get a UPS delivery, we hear a brief buzz of the doorbell and by the time we get to the door to answer, the delivery man is already back in his truck and driving off.
Exactly. And most of the time he still has my package. Why do they do that?

Melissa

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Yes, I think our guy likes stirring up our dogs!

I did not have to sign, but just to be sure, I left a signed note taped to the door saying to leave the package. He didn't take the note. I did have a cover with it so it was a hair over the $400. with the shipping. We also live in a fairly rural area with the same driver every day, so he knows us.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thankfully I live in a good neighborhood so I don't have to worry. But also, I always have people at home to accept.  :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just have everything delivered to the office.  That way I know someone will be there to receive it and that it won't be exposed to the elements or theft.

rla1996

1 - 15 of 15 Posts