Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The K2 has 16 greyscale as opposed to 4 greyscale in the K1. I know this will make a significant difference in the quality of pictures, but will it matter at all for the clarity of the printed page. I would think that a normal printed page with no pictures or charts would be the same on both models. Is this correct?

Steve

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think your right.  I thought the main reasons for the increase were illustrations and the zoom feature.  If I'm wrong someone tell me before you whack me with that stick, please

B

·
0 Posts
stevene9 said:
The K2 has 16 greyscale as opposed to 4 greyscale in the K1. I know this will make a significant difference in the quality of pictures, but will it matter at all for the clarity of the printed page. I would think that a normal printed page with no pictures or charts would be the same on both models. Is this correct?

Steve
Color resolution does not equal screen resolution. Supposedly, both are improved on the K2.

·
Registered
788 Posts
marianner said:
From the promotional pictures, it looked like the text was a bit crisper on the K2.
There's a picture that I don't have the link to that shows the info for the Twilight book on the Kindle 1 side by side with the Kindle 2. Art and History Fan pointed out that the the Kindle 1 picture had been enlarged, making it look less crisp and clean next to the Kindle 2 picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts