Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing the second book of a really good series and I looked for the 3d book that is not available on the Kindle.
Books 1 & 2 of the Time Rovers series is available, however book 3 that just came out last month is not available yet. It's the same publisher. The first book became available about 6 months after it was published, I think the second one was available imediately, but now the 3d one isn't.

This is the 3d book...http://www.amazon.com/Madmans-Dance-Time-Rovers-Book/dp/1896944841/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227716427&sr=8-2
Pick up the first one its a really great series. For some reason they have Book 1 and Book 1 kindle listed seperatly.
http://www.amazon.com/Sojourn-Time-Rovers-Book-One/dp/B000OI0DSW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227717854&sr=1-5

Do you think this means they didn't make enough money with the e-version that it wasn't worth making the 3d one available?

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Did you click on the button to request the book in Kindle format?  You can also call or write the publisher and ask them when it will be available. 

We've all had problems with certain books missing from a series.  Sometimes it's the earlier books; other times it's books in the middle of a series. 

All of the Stephanie Plum books are out on Kindle, but the most recent seems to be taking a long time since the book was originally published. 

I think Kindle's popularity has forced publishers to scramble to catch up with the demand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gertiekindle said:
Did you click on the button to request the book in Kindle format? You can also call or write the publisher and ask them when it will be available.
Yes...several times ;D I just thought the timelines were weird.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Since the first two are available and the third is a relatively recent release, I suspect that the Kindle version will probably be available soon.  Some publishers seem to think that if they don't release an ebook right away, they'll get more sales of the hardback or something.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There really isn't much cost involved in an e-book so I don't think it'd have anything to do with not making enough money from it. Like Marianner said they're probably trying to capitalize on the physical book itself before publishing the e-book version.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sigh...I hope it happens...and I hope it happens quick!!  The second book ends in a cliffhanger!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, mine haven't cost anthing!  :) But I have known a few authors to have advertising costs/special e-book covers, etc. Not really worth the cost in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts