Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am ordering a Kindle for my beloved sister, who is overseas. However, I want the Kindle registered to my U.S. account so she can buy books and have them charged to me. Will she run into any problems and will I incur any additional fees?

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Edward Moses,
Author of Life is for the Living

·
Registered
710 Posts
Edward Moses said:
Hello,

I am ordering a Kindle for my beloved sister, who is overseas. However, I want the Kindle registered to my U.S. account so she can buy books and have them charged to me. Will she run into any problems and will I incur any additional fees?

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Edward Moses,
Author of Life is for the Living
It should work, as long as you buy the Kindle from your Amazon account.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
As Annie said, if the Kindle is bought and registered to your account, it shouldn't be a problem, as far as I know.

Betsy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Japan and over the years have used most models of Kindle including the Oasis configured with my US Amazon account from Japan without any problems (and have done so with Kindles purchased both from the United States and Japan). 

Also without any issues, we have periodically repointed our various Kindles to Amazon.co.jp or Amazon.com based accounts, depending on whom in my family was the current user of a particular Kindle.

The only restriction we have run into is that 3G capable Kindles purchased in Japan are unfortunately configured with a SIM card that only works within Japan.  If you want global roaming with your 3G Kindle, you will need to purchase it from the US store (or presumably one of the stores in Canada/Europe/etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts