Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's a question someone just posed to me on another board that I'm super interested to hear other people's thoughts on. If you have two pen names in a similar genre and reach the threshold for an all star bonus, you aren't eligible because bonuses are based on the combined sales and borrows under one pen name. What if you change your books and make them co-authored titles (co-authors being your two pen names)? Would you then be eligible? As the person writing and marketing these books and the KU program, it seems like said author should be able to get the same benefit as an author doing the same but using only one pen name to do it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's an interesting question. If the top All-Star suddenly put 4 co-author pen names on each of their books, would that one author be eligible for the 5 top All Star bonuses (one for each pen name)? Some people also have formed co-ops or small publishing companies, used their company EIN# for their group KDP account, so even though all the books are coming from one KDP, account they aren't the same person. As someone who has a few different pen names in Select right now, I'm interested too :)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Interesting question. I would think if it was a single author with two (or more) pen names, Amazon should tally up all of the sales, and if they make it to the top, then good for them. All pen names should be in the same dashboard, anyway. Maybe Amazon already does this? Not sure how the account is set up for small presses.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I could see how the former would be a problem. I don't like the idea of double-dipping, per se, but I DO feel like authors who are, in fact, one person and are just using another pen name should get rewarded equally for pimping and selling books in the program. I don't know how they could police it, but it seems like they could. Maybe by only giving the primary author (or first listed) the credit for sales or?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts