Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two versions of Max Lucado's "He Chose The Nails" listed for Kindle, both at one cent. Are there any differences between the two?

EDIT: I downloaded samples of both. There are some differences:

Longer name version:

- "Fancier" formatting
- Less in the sample
- A couple of instances where a new sentence isn't spaced after the final word from the previous sentence

Shorter name version:

- Longer sample
- Font isn't as sharp? (could be my imagination though)
- Large Print Edition (doesn't seem to make a difference on Kindle)

I ended up going with the longer name edition, but truthfully, both versions seem fine.

Link to the Longer Name version (courtesy of Dori):

·
Registered
273 Posts
Can only see these two differences. 1) They have two different titles and 2) one was originally a large print book.  From what I can tell they should be the same.  I have not read this yet so I can't give you firsthand knowledge of the books.  The reviews are the same as is the description.  IMHO I would flip a coin to see which one to d/l.  If you find any difference please let us know.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I downloaded a sample of the version with the longer title. I'll see how it is.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I downloaded samples of both. There are some differences:

Longer name version:

- "Fancier" formatting
- Less in the sample
- A couple of instances where a new sentence isn't spaced after the final word from the previous sentence

Shorter name version:

- Longer sample
- Font isn't as sharp? (could be my imagination though)
- Large Print Edition (doesn't seem to make a difference on Kindle)

I ended up going with the longer name edition, but truthfully, both versions seem fine.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
CS said:
There are two versions of Max Lucado's "He Chose The Nails" listed for Kindle, both at one cent. Are there any differences between the two?
I just bought this book early this morning and at the time there was only 1 choice; can't remember which one it was. I haven't put it on the Kindle yet to test it yet.

It should make a good read though as Max Lucado's books are supposed to be well read in some circles.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks, I think that I will get the one with the longer title also.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sailor said:
It should make a good read though as Max Lucado's books are supposed to be well read in some circles.
A friend of mine has been talking him up for years. I'm usually not one for religious motivational texts, but my curiosity got the best of me in this case, and for one penny, why not, right?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
WTG  I have deleted my post as it is superfluous now.  Thanks for the recommend though and I have read the first chapter.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hmmm... (Not that anyone asked for MY opinion but...  ;))

Honestly, if they are both priced at just a mere penny I would buy them both, if it was Kindle Kontent that I was interested in reading/owning.  (Wow - a whopping 2 cents for two versions of the same book that would normally cost a heck of a LOT more for just the one copy?!)

When I posted this title on our 'Bargain' book sticky-thread this past Friday (the day after Thanksgiving), there was just one version listed on amazon at the time for $0.01.  And if there are now more versions of this available for JUST ONE PENNY then perhaps one would be inclined to purchase all of them so that one could peruse and linger until decided on the format that was found to be most suitable.  It is, after all, only a PENNY for each version, right?  And each purchase would send a message to amazon.com that this is the type of reading material that you are interested in purchasing for your Kindle, hmm?

Just a thought...

-Alexia

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
X, I see your point, but why bother when the two samples tell the tale just as well? After all, a penny saved is a penny earned. ;)

Of course, it's ridiculous to go through two samples for a book that costs a penny if you already know you want it. However, in this case, I didn't know if I wanted it before getting the sample. In the end, I downloaded both samples to compare and contrast.

It's tempting to go nuts and buy every one-cent book no matter what, but I'd rather not accumulate all of that useless junk. Yeah, you can erase it from your Kindle, etc. - but still.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Appreciate your research.  I took the longer named one.  It was a page or so down from the other one and is the one I put the link to I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts