Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The instructions that came with my MightyBright2 said to not plug it in when there's batteries in it. Do you guys who have the adapter take out the batteries or just ignore that?

I was thinking about getting the adapter, but I'd rather keep two sets of rechargeable triple A's and switch them out when they die than have to fuss with the batteries every time I wanted to plug it in.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I have the adapter & light en route.  I went with that option because I'm reasonably sure that 90%+ of the time I'm using the booklight, I'm going to be doing so in bed.  I have an outlet close enough by the bed that I can't imagine I won't be able to use it, and having the batteries out will reduce the weight as well.  Because of this, it made more sense to me to get the adapter & deal with the annoyance of having to put batteries in if I'm going to use the light elsewhere.  For most people, I'd bet the adapter is an unnecessary expense, and probably a bit of an nuisance too.

It sounds like even heavy users get quite a bit of time out of a single set of batteries as well.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Raiden333 said:
The instructions that came with my MightyBright2 said to not plug it in when there's batteries in it. Do you guys who have the adapter take out the batteries or just ignore that?

I was thinking about getting the adapter, but I'd rather keep two sets of rechargeable triple A's and switch them out when they die than have to fuss with the batteries every time I wanted to plug it in.
I do not have the batteries in my light with the adapter but I have one Mighty Bright exclusively for reading in bed using the adapter and one with batteries in it for travel.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Raiden333 said:

I have taken out the batteries...

Patricia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.