Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father and I ordered our Kindles at the same time. He has already purchased a book for his Kindle, and I was wondering how we can determine which of the two kindles that arrive in the shipment is his, and which is mine. I know the registration number is on the box, but the "Manage Your Kindle" page says we don't have registration numbers yet. Once they ship, will the registration number show up on that page allowing us to know which Kindle belongs to who?

Thanks!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Kimblee said:
My father and I ordered our Kindles at the same time. He has already purchased a book for his Kindle, and I was wondering how we can determine which of the two kindles that arrive in the shipment is his, and which is mine. I know the registration number is on the box, but the "Manage Your Kindle" page says we don't have registration numbers yet. Once they ship, will the registration number show up on that page allowing us to know which Kindle belongs to who?

Thanks!
are they both on the same account? If so, it won't matter which one. You can log on and register and name it when you get it as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're both on the same account. So do we register the Kimble when we get it? Or is it already preregistered?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I had 2 kindles coming my way due to delivery glitch... The second one arrived first and it was already registered as Angela's 2nd Kindle. The first one which I returned was registered as Angela's Kindle...

As soon as AK was on it's way back to Amazon I de-registered it so that I could rename A2K to be Angela's Kindle. Come to think of it... I need to go change the name to Kwinn!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. In manage your kindle we have already specified Kimblee's Kindle and Kimblee's father's Kindle. So, when we get them will the say that? Or will it say Kimblee's second kindle?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kimblee said:
Ok. In manage your kindle we have already specified Kimblee's Kindle and Kimblee's father's Kindle. So, when we get them will the say that? Or will it say Kimblee's second kindle?
If you have been able to change it on your account, then that is the name that will be transferred the first time you turn the Whispernet on.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ohh. Okay. So is there a way to know before actually opening up each box which one will be registered to who? Or is it just a turn them both on and find out kind of thing?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kimblee said:
ohh. Okay. So is there a way to know before actually opening up each box which one will be registered to who? Or is it just a turn them both on and find out kind of thing?
The serial number is on the outside of the box. You could match that up with the serial numbers on the account. Otherwise, yes, it is just turn it on kind of thing.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. But we currently don't have serial numbers associated with our Kindles. Will those show up once they actually ship?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kimblee said:
Ok. But we currently don't have serial numbers associated with our Kindles. Will those show up once they actually ship?
I just looked at my account. Where the Kindles are listed is a choice to edit info for each one. If you click that, it brings up a box that includes the serial number. If that is still blank for you, then yes, when your Kindle is prepped for shipment, I would imagine that box would be filled in.

Interesting, though, that you can rename it without having the serial number there. That's what registers it to the account. I couldn't "do" anything to my Kindle until it was registered.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I can change the name and my Kindle's email address. That's it though. No Serial Number yet...soon hopefully! I'm slowly being driven insane!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kimblee said:
Yeah, I can change the name and my Kindle's email address. That's it though. No Serial Number yet...soon hopefully! I'm slowly being driven insane!
Maybe because you have the two, they aren't adding the serial numbers. I have more than one Kindle but I bought them all individually.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm. That's strange. Leslie, did you have serial numbers as soon as your ordered them? Or did you have to wait until it shipped?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kimblee said:
Hmm. That's strange. Leslie, did you have serial numbers as soon as your ordered them? Or did you have to wait until it shipped?
I ordered mine in the big backlog back in April. To the best of my recollection, when I got the notice it was being shipped and the welcome email from Amazon Kindle support, that was the time when the serial number went on my account.

The second Kindle I ordered was in stock, so the serial number appeared almost immediately after placing the order.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay. So I guess I'll just have to wait until it ships. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
695 Posts
When I ordered my Kindle it showed up right away as Cindy's Kindle.  I cancelled that order so I could upgrade the shipping and then I had Cindy's Kindle and Cindy's 2nd Kindle.  The serial # didn't show up until it shipped, then I went back in and "deactivated" Cindy's Kindle to remove it from my list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.