Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question. I've been enjoying my free trial of The New Yorker. But while I am still working on the 3/30 issue, the 4/6 issue arrived and bumped the 3/30 issue into the "Periodicals: Back Issues" area of my home screen. I think I know the answer to this, but is there any way to get the 3/30 issue to show up on my homescreen, near the top (it's sorted by most recent) as it used to be? I already have it marked to "keep" but I still have to do several clicks to get into the back issues folder. It's not a problem if I keep reading it, but if I read something else, then I have all those clicks to go find it again. Not a biggie, but I can envision this coming up every week.

I'm wondering if there's a way to modify the file so that it just treats it like a book or something?

Cathy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Bumping this to the top because I'd love to know the answer to this question, too!

Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my K2 but I'd be the first to admit that file management is not its strong suit. Based on my (admittedly limited) experience and the lack of response to your query, I suspect the answer is "no." Or, at least, not until Amazon gives us some way to organize files into folders, rename them, etc. Of course, I've no idea whether such capabilities are planned, but I certainly hope they are.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
It must work differently on K2.  On my K1, I have, for instance, EQMM listed on my home screen with an open rectangle.  When I click on it I get the list of the issues I have.  When a new one comes it just gets added to the top of the list, and brings the main EQ 'folder' back to the top of the 'most recent' organization.  Washington Post works the same way though I don't usually end up leaving back issues of it lying around as I delete them once I read them which I try to do daily.

I would think that if you select it and open it, it would come back to the 'active' pile. . . .

Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts