Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I pre-ordered Robert Tanenbaum's new release, Capture, due on June 02.  I haven't done a pre-order before, but this a series DH and I both fight for as soon as a new one is available.  I pre-ordered the download to my K1.  DH will be out of town with his K2 on the release date.  Will the book show up in his archives to download to his K2 even if it is pending on my K1 (crappy WN coverage at home and will have to wait until I can get to the computer to download)?  I went to Manage Your Account to tell Amazon to download to K2 as well and that doesn't seem to be an option with a pre-order.  I tell you he is going to have a hissy fit if he has to wait until I get to a computer to start reading!  Please someone who has done pre-orders tell me it will be in his archive as soon as it is released!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
If you've selected it to download to your Kindle, it will do that automatically.  He'll have to request the download, but yes, it will be available to him.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It won't automatically be in his archives. If you go to Manage Your Kindle account, you can download it to his Kindle. It should then download to his Kindle as soon as he turns on his whispernet. I do this with my daughter all the time. :)

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kathy said:
It won't automatically be in his archives. If you go to Manage Your Kindle account, you can download it to his Kindle. It should then download to his Kindle as soon as he turns on his whispernet. I do this with my daughter all the time. :)
That's what I was afraid of. We share books all the time and when one or the other downloads something new the other always has it in their content manager or archives and can transfer from there, but I have never paid attention to what happens when a book is pending to one kindle or the other. Neither of us will have access to a computer until late on the day it is released, but he will be in good WN area, so I was hoping he could get to it right away. I should have just waited and let him purchase it or made the one-click to his K instead of trying to surprise him. I guess there really isn't much point of a pre-order when there is instant access unless you're likely to forget a release date. Thanks for the help everyone.

Chris

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
It probably won't hurt to call Customer Service and see if you can have the book sent to his Kindle first instead of yours since he should be somewhere in a good WN area.  Then you can always get it from the computer the same day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts