Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going through Smashwords, so obviously I have no way of looking at sales in real time. I'm guessing the rank on B&N is a somewhat reasonable way to tell what's going on, though, right?

For instance: Sales Rank: 6,351.

Does anyone know what that means on B&N? I take it that's just for the Nook. And is that good, bad or no way to tell?

Thanks for any info. And by the way, my other stuff isn't ranked anywhere near that one.  ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Victorine said:
I have a book on B&N that sells about 1 or 2 a day, and it's ranked at 57,166.

Another book I have sells 100 to 140 a day, and it's ranked at 202 right now.

I have no idea if that will help you at all, sorry.

Vicki
I have no idea if it helps me, either! No, seriously, that's kind of what I was looking for but I wasn't going to ask for actual sales numbers. But I think that gives me some idea. I guess the only way to really know is to follow the rankings and then see the report whenever it comes to me. Then I'll know in the future.

Thank you!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, Top 200 is plus 100 sales a day (experience talking). Weirdly, I am sure a ranking of 1,000 something gets you 10 sales give or take a day. I think there is something else at play there as well, but could never tell you what. I have little charts I that I keep on sales trends for my books, and the B&N one never makes any sense. *shrug*

·
Registered
644 Posts
Looking at the sales of my books, I'd guess you're selling maybe 4 a day if you're maintaining that rank. If you just shot up there in a short time, you might have sold more. It's really hard to say. Like some of the other responders have said, BN's ranking system is crazy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tawnytaylor said:
Looking at the sales of my books, I'd guess you're selling maybe 4 a day if you're maintaining that rank. If you just shot up there in a short time, you might have sold more. It's really hard to say. Like some of the other responders have said, BN's ranking system is crazy.
Thanks. It's only been "live" on B&N for about a week. I'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Thanks to everyone for all the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts