Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't have one of those lights, but it seems to me that the whole silver part would be in the device and not partially sticking out. At least that's how it works with other products with A/C adapters. That would bug me, too. I looked up reviews and haven't seen anyone mention it sticking out.  ???

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yes, tashab. Just looked at mine again. The plug does not push all the way in til you can't see the silver part. It is the same on all 3 of mine. I thought it was a little strange at first but it is very secure and works great, so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DD said:
Yes, tashab. Just looked at mine again. The plug does not push all the way in til you can't see the silver part. It is the same on all 3 of mine. I thought it was a little strange at first but it is very secure and works great, so it doesn't bother me.
ok, thanks!! it's still a little odd. why bother to make the silver part so long if it doesn't even go all the way in? oh, well, no biggie.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You have to buy the adapter separately, right? How much was it?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Mine's the same.

If you don't already have the light, and you're OK with the black one, this combination is the cheapest I've found:

Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light with Adaptor - Black

I bought mine through this vendor; service was excellent, shipping was free & prompt.

·
Registered
621 Posts
tashab said:
is it supposed to stick out like this? it won't go in any further. it still works and everything, it just kind of bugs me.
Mine does that too. At first it annoyed me but I learned to ignore it!

patrisha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Funny story. Mine does the same thing. When I first got it (from an Ebay seller) I thought it was a defect. I looked around and found the distributor and wrote to them, saying my Mighty Bright Duet 2 was defective. I later realized that it worked perfectly fine with the adaptor sticking out like it does. I forgot all about the correspondence until one day when UPS showed up with a new one, no charge, directly from the distributor. I tried it and it was exactly the same!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have a question, I'm using the same mighty bright. I always use it with both lamps going, I was wondering how long batteries last for you guys?? I wanted to get the ac adapter because I thought the batteries would run out fast, but I couldn't resist the instant gratification of getting the light locally and they didn't have any ac adapters. So far I've had mine for a week and I haven't replaced the batteries yet. I use it both during the day and at night depending on lighting.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've had mine since I got my Kindle last October and have yet to replace the batteries.  Of course, I don't use mine too terribly often but I've discovered it on by accident a few times in my purse.  I used it for about an hour each night for 6 nights a few weeks ago while camping and it's still going strong.  I usually use it with both lights on but sometimes with just one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, as I have said I have the Mighty Bright Duet 2, which is two stalks with double LED lights. I can get about 35 - 40 hours of useable light out of a set of batteries with all 4 LED lights burning... just over a month at an hour in bed a night. The batteries dont exactly fail, either... just slowly dim. When I finally decided to change them, I was surprised at how bright the light was and turned off the second LED on each stalk. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts