Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on releasing several more of my Victorian mystery novelettes and, while I've been very happy with sales for this first one, I'm wondering whether I can expect similar results with the others.

For those of you who have published a lot of books at the same length, price, and genre, have you found a wide difference in your sales over all your books? Or do they do pretty much the same? I noticed today that one indie author has five books in the top 20 for her genre on Amazon and I'm wondering how often it happens like that. Does the success of one book suggest the author's other similar works will do well too?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
In my experience, especially if they are similar in genre and nature, they will reflect off one another and a rising tide will lift all boats.  It may take a while, but it will happen.  The stronger one will lift the lesser ones, and the lesser ones will eventually overtake the stronger one and help it get back in the game.  It's good all around.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I would agree.  My titles that are part of a series sell the most, but the other two are slowly coming along.  It does seem from the 'also bought' lists on other books, that people who buy Daughter of Time buy not only Footsteps and Prince, but also Cold My Heart and The Last Pendragon.  Eventually, anyway.  I think this works particularly if your books share a genre.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Dara,  I bought and read your book recently.  Left a review (J. Miller) and I would absolutely buy more of them.  :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts