Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I had a question for those authors who have had their book featured in the daily deals. How many downloads did you guys get on your book for that day?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had a KDD last April on the book that's on the far right in my sig.  We don't get daily sales reports in Kindle Worlds, but I'm going to guess that the KDD sold about 150 books.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Are you talking about the ones Amazon does? A friend of mine got featured by Amazon, and I think his sales were in the thousands. And his book has stayed on the bestseller lists ever since. If Amazon calls you and tells you they're going to feature your book as a Kindle Daily Deal, put a bottle of champagne on ice and start notifying other ad blogs -- unless, for some reason, Amazon tells you not to.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sophrosyne said:
Are you talking about the ones Amazon does? A friend of mine got featured by Amazon, and I think his sales were in the thousands. And his book has stayed on the bestseller lists ever since. If Amazon calls you and tells you they're going to feature your book as a Kindle Daily Deal, put a bottle of champagne on ice and start notifying other ad blogs -- unless, for some reason, Amazon tells you not to.
Yes, i'm talking about an Amazon Kindle Daily Deal. My book is going to be featured on March 10th.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I was featured on Feb 15. They discounted the price to .99 from 3.99. I had 1568 sales with a very strong tail in the following two weeks even though I was back at regular price. I hit an overall high on Amazon of #55. This was for YA fantasy, though I was promoted under the fantasy/sci fi banner and not Teen. I was the highest seller of the books on my day, rank wise anyway, except for a cookbook which was close to the same.

I've known others to do a lot better and some a bit less well, but good numbers for all regardless. What I was pleased about was the strong tail at regular price that is still continuing. I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to be featured.

Certainly look forward to it with anticipation! I hope you sell boatloads!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts