Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you offer to readers in your books that they can go to your website to get access to a bonus, do you promote your bonus in your Amazon book description as value added? Or do you let the readers discover the bonus once they are in the book?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are you writing fiction or non-fiction?

I write fiction. If I had a bonus that wasn't already bundled into the book, and required readers to go elsewhere to claim it, (for example, a bonus epilogue) I wouldn't mention it on the Amazon page at all. I'd really only mention it in the back of the book.

Non-fiction writers tend to mention their bonuses in the description.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
LionsAlwaysWinAuthor said:
If you offer to readers in your books that they can go to your website to get access to a bonus, do you promote your bonus in your Amazon book description as value added? Or do you let the readers discover the bonus once they are in the book?
I seem to remember reading somewhere that bonuses are frowned upon by Amazon these days.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Kathy Dee said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that bonuses are frowned upon by Amazon these days.
I think that's more excess bonus, i.e. a book that offers 16 other "bonus books" in the back. A bonus chapter at the end of a novel, or a "click here to join my newsletter and receive a free book" link isn't going to set off any of their warning sirens.

Back to the OP, I'd probably agree with one of the other comments. Non-fiction might be okay to mention it in the description. Fiction = leave it for the folks who finish your story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TromboneAl said:
Pretty sure Amazon does not want you to mention anything in the blurb which is available elsewhere.
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring too. It's unfortunate if so, because I just had my developer create a web-based tool to do some of the work automatically that I suggest in the book. But, it wouldn't make sense to just put it out there to the general public unless they read the book. And, if I could promote it in the book description that readers would get access to it, I would think it would help sell more books, Amazon's goal.

This is for non-fiction by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts