Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question within another thread but I think it was overlooked, so I'm posting it as a new topic.

I would really like to buy a M-edge Leather Executive cover for the K2 but I've heard complaints that the left ledge is too wide when folded back. I like a little ledge there to hold onto but not as much as shown in this picture from M-edge:

My question is: if the light isn't in place as shown in the above picture, can the spine be manipulated to fold closer to the Kindle on the left side so the 'ledge' isn't so wide or are you pretty much locked into where it wants to fold?

Comments from owners of this cover would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if my question isn't clear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
DD, the ledge is not nearly that big. In your picture it looks like they didn't take the time to fold the spine back fully (you can see that the right edges don't line up in the back. That, and the angle is exaggerating the size.

This is a picture of mine with the spine folded back right down the middle, with a straight down view to give you a more accurate measurement:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stargazer0725 said:
DD, the ledge is not nearly that big. In your picture it looks like they didn't take the time to fold the spine back fully (you can see that the right edges don't line up in the back. That, and the angle is exaggerating the size.

This is a picture of mine with the spine folded back right down the middle, with a straight down view to give you a more accurate measurement:

Oh, thank you stargazer. That looks much more like the K1 Executive cover and I really loved that one. I did notice that the M-edge site picture showed the front and back cover not meeting in the back and figured that it probably could be done but wanted to make sure. You've clinched it for me. I'm going to order one. Now, what color to get? ???

BTW, yours looks great with that skin.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stargazer0725 said:
Thanks! It's a 3acp skin (SK-12).
Very nice. I'm finding, though, that in the actual pictures of their skins the colors look much different than what is shown on the website. Your picture looks like it has a little purplish color on the upper left corner. The website doesn't show that at all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
DD said:
Very nice. I'm finding, though, that in the actual pictures of their skins the colors look much different than what is shown on the website. Your picture looks like it has a little purplish color on the upper left corner. The website doesn't show that at all.
The online pictures are a bit more vibrant, but are fairly accurate. The skin actually fades to a dark blue-green in the upper left corner. This is a side-by-side of a natural sunlight photo and the online version:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
traceyreads said:
I have a K2 Prodigy jacket and the edge is about the same width as Stargazer's pictures.
Good to know. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for taking the time to post those photos, stargazer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts