Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you get the whole $359 back when you returned your kindle? Thanks.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I returned my K2 about a month ago, but it was in my sister's account. They took out the fee for shipping and $71.80 for restocking fee. If I knew about this, I would've just sold it instead.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Something seems odd about this; assuming you returned it within 30 days and with all original packaging/accessories, I'd be contacting CS with the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200144510

From their site:

Returning Kindle

You can return your Kindle for a full refund within 30 days of the day you received it as long as it is in new condition and returned with all the original packaging, manuals, and accessories. Your Kindle is not eligible for return and refund after the 30-day return period has expired.

About Your Refund

When we have received and processed your return, our returns department will request the appropriate refund to the payment method used for the original order. View completed refunds by visiting the Order Summary in Your Account http://www.amazon.com/your-account.

From their general returns page:

Partial Refunds

Partial Refunds will be issued for the following items:

* Most items that are returned more than 30 days after delivery
* Any item that has obvious signs of use
* Any opened laptop or desktop computer. A 15% restocking fee will apply
* Any CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened/taken out of its plastic wrap. (If you discover that the item is defective after the package is opened, a full refund or replacement will still be granted)
* Any item not returned in the condition it was received

To find out more about how refunds are calculated, visit our Refunds page.

It's rare for any company to reimburse shipping charges when you send a fully functional item back, so I wouldn't expect you'd get that, but the restocking fee doesn't make sense if you followed their instructions.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I thought that it was normal that they charge for restocking fee. But then I keep hearing people say that it's okay to try out the kindle 'cause you can return it within 30 days. So I was just wondering if anyone who returned their kindle has been charged with the restocking fee. I emailed CS and I'll see what they say.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They gave me a refund for the restocking fee. Whew, good thing I asked.  ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts