Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have had your Kindles six months or more, how do you feel about them now.  Is the bond as strong or is it "eh, there's my Kindle pfft"?

Does the coolness, newness factor start wearing off?

·
Registered
102 Posts
No pfft for me - I have had my Kindle more than a year and I love it passionately.  I carry it up to bed with me at night and carry it downstairs with me in the morning.  If I leave the house, it goes in my purse and a few weeks ago, I actually turned the car around after accidentally leaving the house without my Kindle.  I have purchased Kindles for my dad and daughter because I enjoy it so much and want the readers in my family to enjoy it also.

The "newness" of the Kindle gets refreshed each time I come to the Kindle boards and connect with others who love it too.

Enjoy yours - for a long time.

Susan

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I've had mine since March and the coolness factor has not worn off. If anything it's just gotten stronger as I've discovered "little" things here and there. Like Susan, my Kindle goes everywhere with me. I have had to turn around and go back home because I have forgotten it as well.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pretty much though that would be the case.  I almost feel naked without it already.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If anything, I love my Kindle "more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow" (with apologies to "The Spiral Starecase").

I've reached the point where I dread reading DTBs, but as mentioned in another thread, I still have many of those to read. Given a choice, I'd never pick up another one. No pfft factor here...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had mine since February and can't live without it. It is the best thing I have purchased in a long time! Never leave home without it. :D

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MikeD said:
If anything, I love my Kindle "more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow" (with apologies to "The Spiral Starecase").

I've reached the point where I dread reading DTBs, but as mentioned in another thread, I still have many of those to read. Given a choice, I'd never pick up another one. No pfft factor here...
I already feel that way about paper books to. They seem bulky now. It's almost like going back to the horse and buggy after driving a Porsche
. :)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you need to spend some quality time with LR...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had mine since Feb, and every day I think it's just the "coolest thing in the universe"! ;D

In fact, yesterday I noticed I needed to recharge my K, but where on earth was my charger? It wasn't in the bedroom or the office where I usually recharge my Kindle. Then I remembered that I had taken the charger to work with me earlier in the week, recharging it so that I'd have something to read on my dinner hour. Darn! Even though I had a number of DTB I could have read for a day or two, I drove into work yesterday, only to not find it there. Where the heck was it????

I got back home and looked in the place where I put it when I'm in a neat-freak mood (a place for everything and everything in its place). Let's just say that I'm not often in that mood :D but lo and behold, THAT's where I found my charger.

I did the laundry while the K was charging and I was good to go in less than 2 hours. I admit, though, to actually being a bit "on edge" when I didn't know where my charger was and when I'd be able to read on my K again.

Ummmm....Does that qualify as a symptom of addiction? (always needing to know where my next fix is coming from) lol

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I've only had my Kindle for 4 months, but for me it's yes to both questions. I still love my Kindle as much as ever, and it's rarely very far from my side. I'm totally ruined for DTBs. However, I do tend to take it for granted now. It's not like, oh, wow, I'm reading on a Kindle, it's just I'm reading. I love my Kindle, not because it's such a cool gadget, but because it feeds my reading addiction so perfectly. ;D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vampyre said:
Those of you that have had your Kindles six months or more, how do you feel about them now. Is the bond as strong or is it "eh, there's my Kindle pfft"?

Does the coolness, newness factor start wearing off?
My bond with my Kindle is stronger with each click of the Next button!
I absolutely ADORE it. If somebody tried to take it from me I would have to hurt them.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Geeky Girl Karin said:
My bond with my Kindle is stronger with each click of my button!
No.... no... too easy. Too obvious.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Had mine 7 months, and the coolness factor just increases.

Watching the news before giong to sleep, saw an interview with an interesting author; before the interview was even finished, I had grabbed my Kindle (which of course was on the bedside table) did a search on the author, downloaded samples of all 3 of his books, started reading the one they were talking about.  Can't get much cooler than that.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I've only had mine since August, so we're still in the honeymoon stage.  What really keeps it new and exciting for me is this forum.  So many great recommendations.  I haven't even had time to browse through any of the free books out there. 

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This place is dangerous.  I already have way more books than I can read in 3 months time.  Most of them were free.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Can't live without it. The newness has not worn off at all. Like others Eliot goes with me everywhere. I even have a Bible on it for church.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A Bible was one of the very first things I bought.  It's about time i started studying it again and I have no excuse now.  A Bible on my Kindle is no heavier or bulkier than anything else I want to read on it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts