Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. my name is Chuck.  I just purchased my first Kindle ( Kindle 2 ) which should be here next Monday.  I have a question about blogs.

From looking at the Amazon website I see there are certain blogs available via subscription.  Are these the only blogs I will be able to download to my Kindle?  There are other blogs I read which are not listed on Amazon.  I was wondering if there is a way of configuring the Kindle to allow blogs not listed on Amazon to be  read on the device?

Thanks !
Chuck  :- )

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You can read any blogs you like via the web browser... You just need to go to the site manually.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There a few ways to get blogs on your Kindle:

1. From Amazon and pay the subscription fee

2.  Using the web browser (although this is slow and reads text only best) - free

3.  Using RSS feeds sent to a google mail account and accessed through the web browser - free

4.  Using MobiReader 6.0 on your PC (it HAS to be this version), subscribe to whatever blogs you like and plug in your Kindle once a day and "sync", your subscriptions will be downloaded straight into your Kindle.  Works for news, too!  - also free! 

hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts