Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27,641 Posts
ProfCrash said:
I am planning on picking up an extra battery pack or two for my Kindle. We are planning a honeymoon in New Zealand. I have this awful habit of blowing up devices with the stupid converter. I figure if I have three fully charged batteries before leaving the US, I won't have to worry about recharging and my Kindle will be safe.

Call me paranoid.
You might want to look into the battery operated battery charger. I recently got one after we had a blackout. With hurricane/tropical storm season coming up, I wanted to be sure to have a power source for Little Gertie.

It's $19.95, but worth it for my peace of mind. There are also solar chargers available, but Amazon has yet to endorse one, so I'll wait on that.

· Registered
27,641 Posts
stevene9 said:
That's why my timing is perfect. It will take 2 years to get the forever backordered battery, so I won't have to worry about shelf life. Heck, it may be backordered for 10 or 20 years the way they are going. I think the batteries must be being built by a single person in Samoa, working with no tools. He can produce 1 battery a year, if he is lucky.

Steve
Now you're making me nervous. Suppose the guy goes for a long swim one day and hasn't passed on the secret.

Suddenly, without using WN, my battery is showing down by 1/4 every two days. I'd better order that backup battery now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.