Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
When I ordered my Kindle in early November. I also order a replacement battery at the same time. It is still backordered and I figure by the time I get it in another year or 2, it will probably be just in time for my needs.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
durphy said:
I read that the battery has a shelf life of a certain length of time. If you buy an extra battery now, it might not be usable when it comes time to replace the one in Kindle.
That's why my timing is perfect. It will take 2 years to get the forever backordered battery, so I won't have to worry about shelf life. Heck, it may be backordered for 10 or 20 years the way they are going. I think the batteries must be being built by a single person in Samoa, working with no tools. He can produce 1 battery a year, if he is lucky.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Now you're making me nervous. Suppose the guy goes for a long swim one day and hasn't passed on the secret.

Suddenly, without using WN, my battery is showing down by 1/4 every two days. I'd better order that backup battery now.
If you order it now, you should have it, at the very latest, by 2018. So no problem.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.