Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a children's picture book, which is something new for me, and I have one major concern. The pictures will be in color, but Kindle is only in black and white. Is anyone having success in selling children's ebooks? Is the fact that Kindle is only in black and white a big issue? Yes, I know that Nook is coming out with a color reader, but I sell thirty to forty times more Kindle books as Nooks. Thanks.

Larry Buttram

PS: The story is Snatch That Cat--about a rich little girl who tries to steal her neighbor's beautiful black cat, but all her attempts blow up in her face.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you have any of the art made? The best thing I would suggest is to make a test file and see how it looks on an actual Kindle. My books are color comic strips but they survive the black and white conversion well because of the thick lines and solid colors. The actual files are color so people that read them on a color device get to see them that way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris,

Thanks, that's a good suggestion. My illustrator is working on them now. I'll have her look at your books. I appreciate your help.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts