Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Amazon gift card on my account.  The default was to use that before using my credit.  I want to use the gift card money for only Kindle purchases.

I just ordered a DVD, and I switched it to use my actual credit card.

My question is this:  Do I have to manually set it back to use my gift card now, or will it automatically switch back to using the gift card?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I believe you have to switch it back....it will use whatever you designated as the payment method.  You could check by going back in and seeing what it has as the default payment method.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I believe you have to switch it back....it will use whatever you designated as the payment method. You could check by going back in and seeing what it has as the default payment method.

Betsy
When I do that, I don't see a gift card option.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I just tried going back through like I was ordering something else, and it put the gift card back as the primary payment method automatically.

I guess you can manually change it from a gift card to something else, but it automatically puts the gift card back as the payment method every time.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Got to learn some way I guess

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I also want my gc's to be for books only.  When I have purchased other items from Amazon, I had to remember to change the payment type during checkout for that purchase, rather than the gc that they automatically applied first.  My book purchases for Kindle continued to use the gc afterwards.

I think I read previously, on a different thread, that all one-click purchases deduct from the gift card balance first. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Mine has always reverted back to GC as the default. I only use my GC for my Kindle purchases or if I am saving up for something special. I always have to manually switch to the credit card for other purchases.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess its better to just use the GC first for purchases than use your credit card.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jill75 said:
I guess its better to just use the GC first for purchases than use your credit card.
Like someone else said, I save my gift cards for my Kindle books. It's sort of a psychological thing to feel like I am getting all my books for "free."

L

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leslie said:
Like someone else said, I save my gift cards for my Kindle books. It's sort of a psychological thing to feel like I am getting all my books for "free."

L
I understand that feeling. I keep catching myself thinking that I'm getting books for free if I use the gift card. Then I realize that I simply paid for them in advance. LOL

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
mwvickers said:
I understand that feeling. I keep catching myself thinking that I'm getting books for free if I use the gift card. Then I realize that I simply paid for them in advance. LOL
I get the GCs from my credit card so it does feel free. I realize I spent money somewhere along the line, but I didn't actually buy a giftcard. ;D

L

·
Registered
621 Posts
This morning, my dear partner, Fred, sent me an Amazon gift card for $250! He got a biggish tax return and decided to give me a late birthday present!

My jaw dropped, I can tell you! I had told him that my two sons sent me GC for my birthday because of the kindle, but I had no idea he was going to do this...
patrisha

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
patrisha #150 said:
This morning, my dear partner, Fred, sent me an Amazon gift card for $250! He got a biggish tax return and decided to give me a late birthday present!

My jaw dropped, I can tell you! I had told him that my two sons sent me GC for my birthday because of the kindle, but I had no idea he was going to do this...
patrisha
Wow great gift :) Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Leslie said:

L
same here - I am disappointed when I don't realize I used a GC for something other than books -- I use money from soda and beer cans and turn it in at CoinStar so to me my GC are free (other than the effort to do it)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts