Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Oasis for my wife, who it turns out, doesn't like it.  So, I started the return process.  At the end, it says the refund will be added to my account.  I saw no other choice.  Is this standard Amazon practice?  Is a refund only good for Amazon purchases or will they refund to my credit card?

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hmmmm... Was it purchased with a gift card? I was going to say that typically I've had the choice of a refund going to the original payment method OR applied to my Amazon account. However, I just realized that I return that I created yesterday for something, that I (just verified) paid with my credit card, only gave me the option to apply to a gift card. What I don't remember is if there was a link I could have clicked on to change how I wanted the refund processed. Now I'm kind of curious.

I did just run through the steps to return and beneath the checkbox to apply it to my Amazon account, I did see that I could click on "Apply to my xxxx card". It wasn't a check box to select.

I realize that I mostly just rambled and didn't have an answer.

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
They should refund according to your payment method. Or sometimes you can opt for Amazon credit.

Best thing is to call and talk to them or do a chat (which you can then save).

They should refund the full amount if you're within 30 days, less the return shipping charge, which is usually not more than $10.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KimberlyinMN said:
Hmmmm... Was it purchased with a gift card? I was going to say that typically I've had the choice of a refund going to the original payment method OR applied to my Amazon account. However, I just realized that I return that I created yesterday for something, that I (just verified) paid with my credit card, only gave me the option to apply to a gift card. What I don't remember is if there was a link I could have clicked on to change how I wanted the refund processed. Now I'm kind of curious.

I did just run through the steps to return and beneath the checkbox to apply it to my Amazon account, I did see that I could click on "Apply to my xxxx card". It wasn't a check box to select.

I realize that I mostly just rambled and didn't have an answer.
I remember seeing that "Apply to my xxx card". I thought that was the default. I didn't know I had to select it. I guess I'm going to have to call them, although I hate doing it. I don't need a $273 gift card.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ann in Arlington said:
They should refund according to your payment method. Or sometimes you can opt for Amazon credit.

Best thing is to call and talk to them or do a chat (which you can then save).

They should refund the full amount if you're within 30 days, less the return shipping charge, which is usually not more than $10.
I'd like to do a chat, but I can't find a way to do that.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved.  I canceled the return and started a new one.  This time I was more careful and selected the blue comment about refunding to my credit card.  They don't make it obvious.  There is no check box next to it, and you have to click on the text.  I think that's a shady business practice.  I've gotten to where I don't like Amazon.  Other than books, I look elsewhere first, and I can usually get a better price.

Thank you for your helpful comments.

Don

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I think they just started this "new" option for selecting how to get the refund. (Like within the last week or so.) I typically like to refund to a gift card, but it does depend on how much $$. Like in your instance, I'd definitely want to refund to my credit card. That's not a typically order amount that most people would be spending unless it's a big ticket item.

I'm happy that you were able to cancel the return so that you could get the refund that you wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts