Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I published my first book the end of November. I made the huge mistake of using a publisher, will not do that again, and as a result I cannot track sales of the book. Since the last week of December the sales rank, overall, has been in the upper 500 to mid 600's. It stays around the twenties in action/adventure.

Is there anyone out there that can give me an idea of what that translates into sales, just a rough idea? It's driving me mad not knowing as the publisher only does quarterly statements. Is the mid 600's a good rank? I know the paperback in in the upper 20K to lower 30K, don't know what that means either.

I apperciate any help those more experienced in the writing world can provide.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Can't track the reviews?  You mean you aren't hitting refresh every five minutes and entering the ranking into a spreadsheet like the rest of us?

I would call your rankings good, by the way.  Especially if they're steady up there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can track the reviews, that's not what I was talking about. In six weeks or so here it has 131 reviews, I think that is pretty good. I was curious for input as to what those that have tracked their books for a while think the sales look like. I am curious as to what an overall sales rank of say,650 is, good, ok, bad?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts