Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" on my Kindle Classic. The story in this book is told through the exchange of letters between many supporting characters and the main character. So here is my question. Is there a way to search for a string of text with Kindle Classic.  When I run across a character that I cannot remember, it would be great to search for the location the character first appeared in the book then jump back to the story. I have only found a way to search for location #.

By the way I received my Kindle for Christmas and have really enjoyed it. While Kindle 2 is kind of tempting, I just cannot justify it. After all I am really enjoying reading with Kindle 1 and that's the what counts. Like others I just kind of avoid looking at the snazzy Kindle 2.    Thanks Jerry 

·
Registered
339 Posts
SusanCassidy said:
Hit the Search button (bottom right of the keyboard, just left of the aA button). Then type in the name of the character.
Ooh...thanks. I knew I could do this, but couldn't remember how to!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I cannot believe I missed that big search button. Now is there a way to jump back to where I left off without remembering the location #.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd leave a Bookmark by either hitting Alt B, or running the cursor up to the top of the page and clicking.

·
Registered
460 Posts
SusanCassidy said:
Hit the Search button (bottom right of the keyboard, just left of the aA button). Then type in the name of the character.
I find that sometimes when something is too simple, it's easy to forget. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
gglass99 said:
I am reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" on my Kindle Classic.
I have to say this is the ONLY DTB I have read since getting my kindle last May.
I found myself flipping back and forth to look at dates and who's who too much.
Would have been hard for me on the kindle. (IMO)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts