Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I had thought I had at least a somewhat decent grasp on keywords/ categories until I followed a link to my sword and sorcery/ epic fantasy style novel and found it listed as this:

Kindle Store › Kindle eBooks ›
Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure ›Mystery, Thriller & Suspense ›Mystery

Here is the link to see for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TUB3Y1C

I looked at my keywords and I have one phrase that includes "mysterious vampire" but I cannot fathom how that would classify my book in the overall arc shown above.

I am ranking in the norse/Viking sub-genre which makes sense but why the above would be happening I'm not sure.

For reference, my chosen categories are:

FICTION > Action & Adventure
FICTION > Fantasy > Epic

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Please post your keywords here.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here they are:

Elf lore and spells, action adventure nordic stories, Magic potions and items, fantasy magic assassins northern lights nords elves dwarves fairies creatures, gods and heroes, mysterious vampire in the far north, assassin killing shapeshifter

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
It is assassin killing shapeshifter.  Assassin and killing are thriller keywords

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm familiar with Evenstar's post but have struggled to pick the right words. (obviously) So are any of the other keywords somewhat correct?

I could rewrite the last two to target more towards sword/sorcery. I used the keywords list on amazon and attempted to incorporate them into the keywords to reach specific categories (such as nordic/viking) and successfully got that one.

I will go reread the keyword post... :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like that worked to get me into more appropriate categories. For some reason, I am still showing up under "mystery" in some browsers even though I removed mysterious from my keywords... it may be a lapse in the system...

Thank you for pointing me towards Evenstar's post. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts