Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I ordered the Red Sky Dragon cover last night, and I just called to see if I could get the dragon button like the one shown on the journal instead of the square button.  They told me that I need to get the square button.

Has anyone asked for a different button?  Just curious:)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Yes others have asked for a different button. One explination is that the button size is cut into the leather and they have to use that size button. I am not artsy so I have no idea why they can't customize the buttons but they say they can't so I will accept that.

I will say that while other buttons look cool and pretty, they will not lay flat. This would be a problem when you fold the cover back to read. It will not lie flat and would be uncomfortable to read with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!  From what I have read on the boards, they seem very nice and accommodating, so I am sure they would do it if they could.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm one of the people who requested the red Sun wraparound during the holidays.  I also requested the Sun button but I was told yesterday before the announcement that the Sun would be one of the new Kindle covers but with the square button.  They are not changing the buttons at this time.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
They made the square buttons special for the Kindle so that there would be flat buttons for when the covers is folder around.  As I recall from the beta testing, they didn't think they were going to be able to do them in volume and worked that process out.  I would guess that between (mostly) the flat buttons being more practical for the way the Kindle Cover is used and (partly) the investment of time and money spent working out the process, the flat buttons will be on the covers for the near future.  I think it's sort of cook that we Kindlers have a button no one else has!

Betsy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts