Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this question in another post, but it should probably be it's own topic - I have a question for you Kindle owners who have both the 1 and/or 2 and the DX - Do you use both - one for a particular purpose and the other for another purpose?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I don't have a DX yet but plan to get one and do plan to use them both for very specific purposes.  My DX will be for school pdfs, textbooks and manga and my K2 will be for relaxing reading.  However... I keep seeing people who bought the DX planning the same thing and falling in love with reading on the DX and ignoring their poor K1/2s, so I can't say if that'll be my reaction once I actually get one or not.  I do think no matter what that my K2 will be the one going to the store and out to eat with me while my DX will be the one going to school, so I guess they'll both end up having some reading done on them either way.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I would have said that I'm going to use my K2 for travel and my DX at home... but after opening my DX tonight, I'm feeling pretty good about traveling with it. It's not too big to slide into my backpack, is light enough that weight is not an issue, and feels sturdy.

I'm sure I'll continue to use both, but I'll have to see over time how I tend to use one over the other.

From my first few hours with it... love the DX...!

·
Registered
780 Posts
My intent is to use the DX for work and keep my PDFs on it primarily. I do like reading on it however, more on the screen at one time. I am waiting to see what comes available in covers before really deciding. I do not really like holding it alone, I find it (and my K2) a bit thin, my fingers tend to cramp up after a little while.

Lynn L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts