Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please point me in the right direction if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm curious about the borrowing feature on Amazon.

How much revenue roughly is each borrow worth from the select fund? - I assume this varies from month to month as the total qty of borrows will never be exactly the same.

Does a borrow affect your sales ranking at all? If so is it by a percentage of a regular sale (just as a free download isn't worth as much as a paid one).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Select borrows appear to be meant to hover around $2ish give or take. They've ranged between roughly $1.50 and $2.50 since the program started. They do affect ranking. Fairly difficult to determine by how much, but they are definitely worth having.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does this mean that a book sold for $0.99 is actually worth more as a borrow than a full sale?  :eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
How are borrows noted on the sales record for payments? In other words, I don't see a category on the royalties record for borrows?? Am I missing something?  According to the month-to-date record I had 6 borrows in March, but I don't see that translated as money yet?  Thank you!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Marcy, you will see them as KOLL on your MTD reports.  They don't specify how much each borrow is, you just do the math.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts