Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all! It's been quite a while since I've been active on these boards, and I'm glad to see some familiar faces. Before I buy the Signature Edition Paperwhite, I'm hoping someone can give some definitive answers to a couple of questions. I need to know for sure if audiobooks can be played on this Paperwhite, and if you're able to bluetooth the audio to headphones and other sources.

To explain, I'm deaf and just had cochlear implant surgery, and I will be activated on the 23rd. I will need to do aural rehab by listening to lots of audiobooks. So I want to make sure I can put audiobooks on the Paperwhite and bluetooth the audio to my implant and hearing aid.

Thank you!

·
6,105 Posts
I have the PW Sig model but I hadn't tried using it for audiobooks as I prefer using my phone for that.

But I did some experimenting and I was able to download one of my Audible books and pair my bluetooth earbuds with it without any problems. Didn't take more than a minute or so and I was listening to the book.

I think you have to use bluetooth as there aren't any speakers on the device. And I think it only works with audiobooks from Audible - unless anyone here knows any different?

Good luck with your implant activation!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have to use bluetooth as there aren't any speakers on the device. And I think it only works with audiobooks from Audible - unless anyone here knows any different?
I just canceled my Audible subscription a few minutes ago in favor of using my library for ebooks and audiobooks. Hopefully the library downloads will still work since they open on my Kindle app; but, if not, I'll just renew my Audible subscription. Thank you for the reply!

·
6,105 Posts
I just canceled my Audible subscription a few minutes ago in favor of using my library for ebooks and audiobooks. Hopefully the library downloads will still work since they open on my Kindle app; but, if not, I'll just renew my Audible subscription. Thank you for the reply!
I did a quick look on Google and it seems you may be able to send library audiobooks to your Kindle from Libby but I presume this only works in the US as it does for ebooks. I'm in the UK and I can't send library ebooks or audio books to my Kindle so I can't experiment and try it out for you.

Can someone else who's in the US jump in and offer any advice?

·
Super Moderator
67,646 Posts
I don't usually do audiobooks, but I know that the option often comes up for library borrowing. Sometimes the libraries ONLY have the audiobook. Sorry, I have no idea of the format, but next time I'm browsing, I'll see if I can figure something out. I used to have a BT earpod thingy -- if I can find it I'll see if I can make it work with something I borrow to the PW10.

I suspect, however, that there are other US folks here who do borrow audiobooks from the library. I'm sure they'll chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts