Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having fun playing around with the web feature on the K2. The coverage map showed that I wouldn't have access at home, but I do! Yay! Anyway, a couple of questions:

1. Why do you think that Amazon did not bookmark the mobile version of Wikipedia instead of the regular version - m.wikipedia.org? The mobile version displays better on the kindle. I can change my bookmark by going to m.wikipedia.org and then bookmarking, and it says there is already a bookmark with that name, overwrite? But from the search box that comes up when reading, then clicking right to search Wikipedia, that link is still the regular version of Wikipedia which doesn't display as well. It's not a huge deal, I'm just curious.

2. With gmail, when I send a message, it says it can't load the page, but it turns out the email was sent. Is anyone else getting these error messages? I tried it in Advanced mode and with javascript on and it did the same thing.

3. Is there any way to change the order of the bookmark (web bookmarks)? I bookmarked gmail but it's at the bottom of the 2nd page and it would be handier if it was on the first page.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
And definitely send feedback to Amazon about the mobile version of Wikipedia, especially if it displays better on the Kindle.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Re: wikipedia. . .try deleting the bookmark Amazon provided and then bookmarking the mobile site. . .

Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts