Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the one (and only known!) Kindle was launched in November 2007, was it annnounced at a press conference and then immediately available for purchase....or was there a delay?  I tried searching for this, but my research skills must be lacking!  Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what I have been able to find it looks like the first press conference was held on 11/19/07 and they started selling the Kindle on 11/21/07. They were sold out in about 5.5 hours.

·
Registered
290 Posts
noblesrus said:
From what I have been able to find it looks like the first press conference was held on 11/19/07 and they started selling the Kindle on 11/21/07. They were sold out in about 5.5 hours.
Nope, I ordered during the press conference and it was delivered the very next day - gotta love Amazon Prime :)

I may show a little more restraint for K2, but hubby has already shown an interest in inheriting my Kindle, so maybe not.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tlrowley said:
Nope, I ordered during the press conference and it was delivered the very next day - gotta love Amazon Prime :)

I may show a little more restraint for K2, but hubby has already shown an interest in inheriting my Kindle, so maybe not.
Other than checking this board or Google News this Monday, February 9 sometime after the start of the press conference, I'm curious to know what happens. I suppose we'll find out soonest here?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm hoping some will be live blogging it, but I don't have any details.  Maybe engadget or gizmodo?  I know MobileRead will have someone there, but I'm not sure about how, or if, they will be updating.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea....there may be live bloggers there.  Actually, I'm thinking of checking the Amazon site at the same time, if not the morning of, to see if there are any changes.  Hmmm....do I seem impatient?  Yes!  I don't know why, as I'm getting a Kindle (ordered already) one way or the other.  Just curious what's up.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Who is going to go for the Kindle 2.0? I would like to but can't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts